9 Enterprise Backup Challenges and How to Overcome Them

• High and unpredictable TCO – Cloud storage costs can add up every second of every day and become unpredictable with API extras and egress charges. Cost overages are common— and accurate cost prediction is difficult. For onsite storage, companies typically overprovision, which requires upfront investments for hardware and service plus managing and maintaining backup data infrastructure and resources, including purpose-built backup appliances, network-attached storage, and tape—consuming time and resources. • Cloud vendor lock-in – Flexibility is stifled (or even eliminated) if an organization can use only what a vendor offers and selects. Businesses need to work with a cloud provider that allows them to choose best-in-class solutions. • User complexity – A proliferation of backup services across multiple cloud providers makes it all but impossible to ensure data is safely backed up and available to restore. Consistently enforcing data retention and deletion policies for regulatory compliance presents a similar challenge. • Legacy storage media – Tape? Disk? Optical storage? Scaling existing backup storage systems or migrating to a modern backup and storage infrastructure can become a massive challenge when valuable data is stored across multiple backup media, locations, and applications. • Wasted data – According to Seagate’s Rethink Data report, just 32% of data available to enterprises is put to work. The remaining 68% goes unleveraged. Organizations need a better way to extract value from the data they own by capturing more of it in the frst place—and then protecting and activating it for the business.


| 5 |

Powered by